We are seeking an Associate Director, Enterprise Data Services to provide a blend of "hands on" and directive leadership for the enterprise data management and delivery team. The enterprise data management team is responsible to deliver high quality, scalable data solutions for our home office, financial advisor field force and our clients. The ideal candidate possesses experience in the full software development lifecycle and specific demonstrated success in managing and leading data development and support teams.
This role will manage a team of data technology professionals for data management, data modeling, data integration, data warehousing, reports and analytics. This role drives the design, development, implementation and support for data solutions required by the organization as well as acting as champion for the enterprise data and analytics strategies. This role is critical in establishing trusted data and data processes that are instrumental in transforming the organization to become "data driven" in decision making and serving our clients. The Associate Director is required to collaborate with the data governance members and business leaders to ensure corporate business success in our data design, development and implementation. This role will ensure that data solutions implemented across the organization meet the standards for quality, consistency and efficiency as specified by data governance and data architecture. As the manager of the data delivery team, this role reports to the VP, Enterprise Data & Analytics and partners with Enterprise Architecture to assess new methods, tools and platforms for our data practices, infrastructure and processing. This role is critical to the success of the client's digital transformation.
The desired candidate will be successful through collaboration with the various business functions and the information technology team to 1) build trusted data solutions, 2) advance the data practices maturity within the team as evidenced by successful business outcomes and 3) implement, maintain and sustain the full lifecycle of data.
The successful candidate is outcome-focused and has a collaborative style that fosters teamwork. They will provide direction to address existing and future enterprise data needs.
location: Fort Worth, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Provide administrative management to a team of 8-12 technical data professionals
- Manage the data deliverables and production activities of the team
- Create and manage to team and individual goals
- Drive best practices for data management, data modeling, data integration
- Partnering with enterprise architecture, business unit groups and data governance committee, drive the creation of a comprehensive data warehouse and semantic layer strategy and implementation to provide consistent, clean and integrated data to enable user-generated reporting and self-service
- Align analytics and business intelligence platforms, processes and methods with industry best practices and solutions
- Gather business challenges and opportunities from all departments and functions as part of the effort to provide guidance to in designing, building and maintaining business data visualizations and optimize underlying data processes
- Navigate unstructured and big data, including social media, emails, pictures, videos, voice and sensor data, client surveys and feedback, and determine which data should - and shouldn't - be captured and how it might be used
Direct management of a team of 8 - 12 associates is required. In accordance with company policy and procedures:
- Supervises and assigns project and task level work
- Coaches team members for professional development
- Interviews, assesses and on-boards new team members
- Provides both formal and informal feedback to team members
- Informs senior leadership of individual assessments and performance reviews
- Recommends staffing solutions based on the needs of the corporate strategy
qualifications: Work Experience
- 7+ years' experience including prior data practice and team management experience
- Expert in leading and implementing data mapping, data lineage and data consolidation strategies and methods;
- Expert in leading and transforming manual reporting methods to industry standard platforms and tools;
- Strong experience in conceptual, logical and physical data design;
- Strong experience in data management practices and data governance process;
- Strong experience in project, program and portfolio management planning and execution; Agile and/or SCRUM experience is strongly preferred;
- experience or strong understanding of digital and operational analytics is preferred;
- Financial services industry experience or other highly regulated industry experience is preferred;
- Experience in strategic enterprise data and analytics transformation program in another company is a plus.
skills: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Required skills for management and leadership: Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to facilitate business and technology user group sessions, ability to translate strategy into actionable plans that are delivered, ability to structure and breakdown work for team execution
- Required Business Delivery: defining requirements and assessments, conceptual designs, business outcome definition and validation
- Required Technical Delivery: Demonstrated expertise in full data SDLC including design and quality management, strong understanding of database design and support activities; strong understanding of query development such as T-SQL or PL/SQL; and strong understanding ETL workflows and data lineage, understanding in the use of scripting and program languages such as R, Python, Java or like languages
- Preferred Tools: Proven skills in data management and integration tools such as Informatica suite, MS SQL, Oracle, SPSS, SAS or Big Data tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.