We are seeking a Business Data Analyst in the Irving, TX area. This person will be responsible for writing code as well as analyzing data.
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $72 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Should have an open-mind to research and understand the retail domain and 7-Eleven business data models with special attention to detail on the Customer, Loyalty, Transaction business entities
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality for Digital initiatives within 7-Eleven
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing various sources performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Proven working experience as a 2-3 years as data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel program (including VBA and complex formulae) and MS Powerpoint.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.