job summary: Position Description
- As an Events Program Manager, you will combine a passion for customer experience with expert project management skills and a great ability to develop strong partnerships to continue scaling a global program of small (30-60 people) technical conferences for top Cloud Customers in various cities around the world.
- You will continue to grow strong partnerships with SAS and PSO to select the most impactful locations and accounts, and with PMs and CEs to select the most relevant topics and speakers.
- With a strong focus on revenue, renewals and sales opportunities, you will strategically plan and execute high quality Tech Talks to support sales goals.
- You will directly lead and manage Tech talks in North America, and work with your peers around the globe to help them run quality events and follow the Tech Talk playbook.
- On top of a suitable budget, you will also obtain sponsorship for Tech Talks from a motivated community of ISVs who are gaining exceptional value from attending the events.
- Although the Tech talk program has been running for a number of years, 2018 is a key year as the program expands into customers events for GCP.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $46.67 - 51.53 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
- Lead the strategic planning and excellent execution of Tech Talks in North America, focused on revenue impact.
- Be the Master of Conference for Tech Talks across the country in NA.
- Be thought leader and coach for peers around the globe running Cloud Tech talks in their regions and continuously innovate to be more efficient, reach more Customers.
- Negotiate events sponsorship with ISVs. Maintain great partnerships with CEs, SAS, PMs and PSO to support the business and ensure scale.
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Minimum Qualifications:
Desired Preferred Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated cross functional project management capabilities and ability to work with a large number of stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience organizing events.
- Project Management Certification with demonstrated experience in running global cross-functional projects.
- Strong understanding of the technology market, and a passion for Google Cloud and cloud computing in general
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence to lead vendor performance reviews and manage business priorities.
- Self starter.
- Strong presence and presentation skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.