job summary: Project Overview:
We are looking for a UX Research Assistant to join our Cloud UX team in Seattle, which is responsible for building and designing various products and tools to support cloud-based developers.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.17 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- The core responsibility of the UX Research Assistant will be to support a team of 4 UX Researchers and 5 designers (working within a larger team of 140) in Seattle and San Francisco.
- You will be on a team working in the area of Kubernetes and serverless developer experience.
- As part of the role, you will be involved with user research planning and execution, utilizing a variety of UX methodologies across a number of products.
- Your primary user groups will be software developers and infrastructure administrators, so a passion for cutting edge technology is important to this role.
- You will be working within a team of experienced UX, Engineering, and Product professionals.
1. Analyze data and create research reports
2. Work closely with research to execute on research plans including logistics, notetaking, transcription, and analysis of research sessions
3. Support research recruiting efforts as needed
M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program.
skills: Required Skills:
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program.
- 1-2 years of relevant work/academic experience, including experience integrating user research into design and product development lifecycle
- Must understand user experience design principles and best practices Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Eager to develop professionally.
- Proficiency with several user research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and strong analytic skills
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with containers and/or Kubernetes
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with cloud computing
- Leadership, communication and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.