Network Engineer - Network Operations Summary Description
Our Fortune 500 Client is seeking a highly skilled Network Engineer for the Network Operations Center for their global enterprise network. Interested professionals should be motivated by advanced technologies, be a catalyst for change, and have vision for identifying and aligning technology solutions to help support business opportunities.
Qualified candidates should have 3-5 years of network operational experience, working across wide range of telecommunication technologies and services including; LAN, WAN, Security, wireless, remote access, load balancing, and cloud connectivity. The candidates must also exhibit strong professional skills including communications, self-motivated, adaptable and dependable.
location: Cincinnati, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 6
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Essential Responsibilities
- Key functions include incident management, event management, and service management with a focus on service restoration, sustainability, and proactive service improvement.
- Provide 24x7x365 Network Operations support in a follow the sun NOC.
- Provide Second Level Network Incident Management in the NOC; with a primary focus on service restoration.
- Mentor junior engineers for technical and professional advancement.
- Participate and at times lead Crisis Team conference calls, able to identify required resources beyond telecommunications.
- Implement repeatable move, add, changes for LAN, WAN, Security, wireless, remote access, load balancing, and cloud connectivity.
- Functions as an escalation point for other NOC engineers for Incidents and Changes.
- Create support documentation and provide training to NOC staff
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems are running and available.
- Ensures effective communication to internal customers.
qualifications: Desired Characteristics
- Strong customer service skills. Good temperament, ability to manage stressful situations. Ability to provide customer-facing support in a professional manner.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office suite for effective collaboration and communications
- Strong analytical skills, able to leverage complex data to identify opportunities, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Team work; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work day.
- Available to work a shift that includes a weekend day, including some holidays to support 24x7x365 coverage.
skills: Technical Competencies and Experience
- Certifications Preferred: Network +, CCNA, CCNP is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with a TCP/IP network
- Advanced knowledge of Carrier Services - WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, Point to Point, OCx, DS3, E/T1s
- Advanced knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Aruba, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Zscaler, Sonus, and Avaya.
- Advanced knowledge of network load balancers and firewalls
- Experience with monitoring applications such as CA Spectrum, EMC Smarts, etc
- Expertise with the following operating systems; Cisco IOS/NXOS, Linux, Unix, Microsoft
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.