Manager of Application Development
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a very well respected company in the HEALTHCARE space - Keep reading and submit your resume!
location: East Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
The Manager of Applications Development is responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating the work of Application Development personnel in the development of new applications as well as revisions to existing production systems. Additional responsibilities include communicating with users to develop and maintain firsthand knowledge of their plans, operations, problems, and opportunities and assisting IT management with refining and enforcing standards for systems analysis, design, programming and implementation
Plans, directs, and controls the activities of the analysis, design, development and installation phases of the system life cycle.
- Reviews service requests and consults with executive sponsors, submitters, and/or user representatives to clarify intent, discuss problematic areas and consider alternate solutions.
- Responsible for managing the multiple priorities covering Project, Maintenance and Production Support work.
- Estimates requirements, costs and time for project activities, and assigns resources. Uses project management tools for effective utilization, to track and report progress and to ensure compliance with project implementation schedules.
- Responsible for the governance and oversight of all aspects of the Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) within the team; Analysis, Planning, Design, Development, Deployment and on-going Maintenance. Ensuring the team is following the defined process, creation and review of required deliverables. Ensuring and measuring quality of the team's output. Additionally support of and input to continuous improvement initiatives.
skills: - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field (or four additional years related work experience in lieu of bachelors). Masters preferred.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving abilities
- Expertise in project planning and project management
- Understanding or knowledge in structured systems analysis and design, building user relationships, data gathering techniques, and management information systems
- Understanding or knowledge of relevant programming or job control languages
- Understanding or knowledge in structured programming techniques
This role requires experience with the Edifecs application and both EDI and Facets experience are strongly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.