Our Analytics Applications is seeking a talented Senior DevOps Engineer capable of building the next generation vision for our "Best of Breed" Enterprise Interaction Management and Analytics applications. We are looking for a passionate DevOps engineer who can build and deploy microservices in a repeatable CI/CD pipeline using industry best practices
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 56 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Work closely with a team of engineers to design and implement features and components aligned with Teradata Analytic Applications business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams to design and implement web-applications and refactor codebase to improve maintainability.
- Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Build out a suite of microservices capabilities and work to package them as various product solutions
- Maintain and configure CI/CD plans, develop installation tools, configure and automate the deployment of new environments and microservices
- Develop Ansible, CloudFormation and Terraform scripts to provision systems and deploy our latest artifacts in various public and private clouds
- Stay abreast of cloud technology trends and industry best practices to develop new skills and grow professionally
- Architect infrastructures that utilize cloud security and dependency management best practices
- 5+ years developing web applications in a highly transparent agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
- VMware, Microsoft Azure, AWS certifications and experience are preferable
- Experience in bootstrapping applications with external configurations for easy deploy ability
- Experience with configuration management frameworks such as Ansible, Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Strong Knowledge on containerization using Docker/Kubernetes.
- Strong Knowledge in CI/CD tools - Bamboo, Jenkins, GitHub, Gradle, MVN etc.
- Solid Linux experienced, preferably with RHEL, CentOS, SLES
- PowerShell, VMware CLI, Ansible scripting experience
- Some understanding of relational databases is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.