Help Desk Engineer
Looking for someone to technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on network and customer related issues.
location: Wake Forest, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $31 - 34 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Track major service outages and other service affecting activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution. Perform case management function on outages as required.
- Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, tickets or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
- Assist with monitoring, overflow phone queue calls, and creating and handling repair tickets or service orders for customers as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and assist with providing initial training for new employees.
- Provide technical information or direction for less experienced employees as assigned.
- Analyze current network support processes and update as needed and/or refer priority issues to management.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work any shift in a 24x7 environment. The shift for this position will probably be Tuesday - Saturday 12:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m..
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking or related field.
- Vendor certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Meraki, Juniper, etc.)
- Experience in Data Troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Experience with Cisco, ADTRAN, Meraki, or Juniper devices.
- Experience training employees in a classroom environment.
- Experience with technical document writing.
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
- ITIL 2011 certification
skills: - Strong customer service orientation.
- Advanced knowledge of SolarWinds.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required in specific network equipment maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Willingness to attend Vendor-Specific product training as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.