Application Development Sr Specialist is viewed as an expert in IT systems architecture. Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team. Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Monitors project schedules and costs. Typically requires six to eight years of experience.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $64 - 74 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Analyze and support all major information systems from an enterprise perspective. Get involved in determining the long-range strategic direction of systems. Be able to understand and map out the hardware, software, tools, languages, and databases utilized from an enterprise perspective and how all data, applications, hardware, and users interact. In this role would implement software application solutions for diverse and complex business requirements. This can include packaged application customization as well as multi-systems integration. Work with a development teams as a senior business solution resource and provide solution capabilities to the technical team as well as the end user/customer.
- 6 to 10 years' experience developing service oriented architectures and designs especially on Red Hat JBoss Fuse platform. Looking for experience developing applications and not sys admins on Fuse platforms.
- Proficiency in Java programming- Must Have.
- Experience working on Open source technology stacks like Apache Camel, Fuse, CXF, Spring, Blueprint, Groovy and MyBatis.
- Experience working on messaging platforms IBM MQ, AMQ and Kafka
- Proficient in Oracle 12c, Mongo, IBM DB2 databases.
- Experience in building REST as well as SOAP services.
- Support Continuous Integration leveraging Enterprise Jenkins, IBM uDeploy and Nexus.
- Good communication and documentation skills especially using Confluence.
- Experience working in Agile (Scrum or Kanban).
- Experience with XML and related technologies such as XSL, XPath and XML Schema.
- Experience using Windows Server and Linux OS.
- Experience working on DevTest, SoapUI, Velocity, GitLab, Maven is a plus.
- Performance tuning (threading, indexing, clustering, caching)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.