The DevOps team is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of DevOps tools, applications and its components. The things we build interface with complex enterprise systems, and the developer should have solid knowledge of working with complex distributed applications and a passion for solving technical integration challenges.
The DevOps developer must be a highly motivated, well-rounded, self-starter that works best in a collaborative, dynamic, agile environment. Excellent communication skills both written and oral are essential as this position will interface with remote scrum teams, business owners, enterprise architects, security, infrastructure, and end users via email, phone, IM, desktop sharing, and wiki.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain CI / CD pipelines for various technology stacks.
- Provide custom code for integrating systems or creating advanced workflows
- Partner with customers to craft build, test and deployment automation solutions.
- Partner with middleware owners and system administrators in crafting testing and deployment automation solutions
- Design quality testing, implementation, management, and maintenance of effective computer systems across multiple computing platforms (e.g., host-based, distributed, client server)
- Makes recommendations to leaders regarding the acquisition and/or implementation of software to increase information systems efficiency
- Mature the use of the DevOps toolchain across the technology domain
Developer should be very familiar with advanced concepts and have relevant, hands-on experience in many of the following areas to be a successful contributor on the team:
Knowledge of Administration and configuration of DevOps Tools including but not limited to:
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitLab-CI, uDeploy, Team Foundation Server
- Source Code Management tools like GIT
- Build tools like Maven, Gradle, Fastlane, NodeJs and MSBuild
- Binary Management like Artificatory or Nexus
- Test Automation like DevTest, QTP and ALM
- Linux and Windows Operating System management and automation including Command line tools and Batch / Shell scripting.
- Code Analysis Tools like SonarQube and Fortify
- Environment Automation Tools like Ansible
- Cloud services like AWS and/or OpenShift
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
Working knowledge of Application Development Tools and concepts a plus
- Service Oriented Architecture (event-driven SOA, Web Services, REST)
- Message driven architecture (SOA, Spring)
- Java / Kotlin, .Net, or python coding
skills: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.