Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for a Lead Software Engineer to sit onsite in Bethesda, MD to join a highly talented and growing development team.
This is a contract to hire role paying anywhere from $55-$65/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert.
- Resolves and makes decisions on complex incidents, problems and service requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of applications to meet current and future user requirements.
- Defines and creates the next generation of solutions to drive value.
- Monitors multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints.
- Creates solutions that serve our business leveraging current and leading edge technologies in an innovative and impactful manner.
- 8+ years' experience in software development with expert level expertise in multiple programming languages and methodologies
- 5+ years hands-on experience with application development tools
- Graduate degree
- Technology certifications
- Experience in waterfall and/or agile software methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future software engineering opportunities
- Technology leadership experience in a sourced environment
skills: Technical Leadership
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Provides financial input on department or project budgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery processes.
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects.
- Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
- Validates completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
- Ensures all projects follow the defined development and business case processes
- Ensures proper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
- Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Coordinates with Operations and Infrastructure teams for deployment and production support activities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.