Vudu is looking for a talented and experienced Digital Analytics Engineer to join the engineering team to support our exciting growth through multiple new initiatives.
In this business-facing technical role, the person in this position will plan and execute accurate and meaningful data collection processes across multiple platforms, from the web, native mobile app to living room devices.
By leveraging business and technical expertise, the Digital Analytics Engineer will ensure user behavior data collected delivers actionable insights to improve technical engines, marketing programs, site functionality, UX design and merchandising placement, etc.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $54.00 - 59.40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Develop user behavior tracking strategy to enable accurate reporting and insight-driven analytics, design and maintain digital analytics architecture to accommodate changing business initiatives and evolving new technology in Video-on-demand entertainment industry
- Gather business requirements on user behavior tracking for new product features, interface redesign and new apps, develop and document technical tracking specifications based on business priorities and technical feasibility; work with the dev team and QA team to implement and QA the tracking specifications and requirements
- Standardize and automate marketing campaign tracking and QA process, work with marketing and analytics team to ensure accurate tracking across marketing channels on the web and selected living room devices
- Provide technical consultation to measure A/B testing on a major technical initiative, such as new search and personalization engine, as well as new product functionalities
- Ensure data quality by periodically auditing KPIs from different sources, resolving data discrepancies, and setting-up monitoring alerts
- Improve data infrastructure by automating data processing rules, maintaining data feed to Big Data system, troubleshooting data issues
- Evangelize digital analytics concept by providing consultation, training and documentation to QA and analytics team; promote and cultivate a data-driven decision making culture at Vudu
- Constantly explore, evaluate and advocate new analytics technology and tools to empower advanced analytics capability and drive actionable insights to deliver business value
A BA/BS degree in a technical field or related discipline preferred
- Hands-on expert level knowledge of Adobe Analytics, including best practices, implementation, trouble-shooting and driving solutions to ensure accuracy
- Experience with Hadoop and PIG/HIVE or good SQL skills
- Proficiency in Excel, the ability to synthesize and analyze large sets of data
- Highly motivated problem-solver with the ability to work independently with cross-functional teams, manage multiple projects simultaneously and to adapt to changing priories in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attentiveness to data accuracy with the ability to spot data discrepancies and subtleties in metrics definitions
- 5+ years of experience working in an e-commerce environment, preferably in VOD entertainment industry
- A BA/BS degree in a technical field or related discipline preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.