Sr. Development Manager
We are seeking a Senior Development Manager to support an enterprise financial center. The candidate will be a technology leader in both software development and cloud environments. The candidate will create system roadmaps, modernization approaches, and lead Agile Scrum team members to serve as a systems architect and technical expert.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas. The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background with demonstrated technical aptitude to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them effectively to non-technical people.
The manager will work with a Project Manager and other Project Leads to engage with the customer and develop in cloud and on premise systems, including .NET and Azure. The Senior Developer Manager will collaborate with the team to ensure a high standard of technical excellence across all team activities and make recommendations for the most effective application of technology to meet the customer's needs. Someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, is able to multi-task, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- System backlogs, code quality, and agile application development teams comprised of .Net and Pega developers, testers and requirements managers tasked with delivering high quality, high value solutions to our Leadership and various Stakeholder communities.
- Full stack (UI, Middleware, and SQL DB) application web development support
- System roadmaps and modernization approaches
qualifications: Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of related experience
- 5+years of hands-on .Net development skills using both the Server and Client-side object models, Visual Studio 2017, C#, PowerShell, JQuery, REST Services, CSS, HTML.
- Proven experience in: .NET Winforms, Xamarin, WPF, XAML, Silverlight, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, C#, VB.NET, J#, SQL Server, Advanced WCF, Unity with Interception, AppFabric, Nuget, .NET Remoting, .NET Threading, .NET Web Services, XML, .NET Enterprise Components (COM+), Silverlight, VB6, ASP, COM/COM+, Access, Office automation, distributed application architecture and development, Windows Virtualization.
- Experience with Bootstrap, Knockout and/or Angular JS
- Experience with test plan development and execution
- Experience with supporting teams utilizing Agile development methodology
- Ability to analyze, independently research / troubleshoot technical issues, provide alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Ability to provide effort estimates, activity sequencing, identify risks and provide remediation
- Provide status updates to managers including issues management and escalation
- Provide guidance, recommendations and implementation for improved systems reliability.
- Partner with business and functional teams to analyze and define recommended solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team
- Ability to work effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
- Strong communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Ability to analyze, implement and recommend changes to improve code maintainability and reliability to improve test coverage under test-driven development practices with goals of continuous integration and zero downtime deployment.
- Self-starter, creative, disciplined, result-oriented, team leader
- Ability to communicate technical expertise to experts and non-experts effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to obtain a public trust
- Master's Degree
- Microsoft Certifications: MCSD, MCPS, MCNPS
- Experience with SSRS
- Familiarity with JQuery, BootStrap, Knockout, the Dependency Injection Pattern, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, MSBuild, Jenkins.
- Experience working with automated testing, build management, and automated deployment
- Experience developing solutions leveraging taxonomy / metadata service
- Experience developing custom search functions and templates
- Experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs development methodologies
- It is helpful but not required to have computing experience at the VA or in another financial, scientific, or regulatory environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.