Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for a Lead Software Developer Engineer in Test to sit onsite in Rockville, MD to join a highly talented and growing development team.
This is a long term contract paying $85/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The Lead Developer in Test owns the quality of software products delivered within the software development life cycle. Responsibilities also include developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions and performing manual tests throughout the SDLC.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
- Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
- Ownership of automation architecture (Both Functional and Performance).
- Create test plans and test strategies.
- Lead a team of Developers in Test.
- Champion the collaborative resolution of defects and direct internal process improvement initiatives
- Reviews of system architecture, code and design documents.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Responsible for identifying project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Possess domain expertise in the project involved.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Continually look for ways to innovate and improve testing process to gain efficiencies.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering and 5+ years of cumulative experience in software development and/or test automation.
- Excellent understanding of testing process, test types and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with object oriented design.
- Experience with programming in Java (preferred), C++, C#, or Ruby.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational database design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience with the Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience using test tools such as WebDriver and JMeter.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.