Randstad Technologies is looking for a Web Ops Systems Engineer for a permanent position in Jacksonville, FL. Ideal needs:
- Server IIS experience - how to configure a web server
- Proficient in Windows
- General networking abilities
- Understand flow of data and traffic
- Dealt with Software Developer in deployment fashion
- Pushing out code and understand how to do deployments
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Primary operational responsibility for ensuring 24x7 uptime on all web sites.
- Provides 24x7 (in rotation) on-call support for infrastructure-related issues.
- Supports development by making infrastructure-related technical recommendations, installing 3rd party software in each system environment (i.e., Development, Integration, QA, Staging and Production), and deploying development software to Production.
- Works with vendor technical support to resolve install and operational issues.
- Maintains and tunes a robust system-monitoring suite of tools.
- Works closely with web site hosting technicians to monitor system status, resolve problems and accomplish system maintenance and upgrades.
- System administrator for select 3rd party software solutions (e.g., App Dynamics, SiteMinder).
- Maintains, in consultation with NOC and coordination with site-hosting facility, firewall rules supporting Datacenter web site communication.
- Documents infrastructure installations and configurations, 3rd party software installations, and other infrastructure-related technical information.
- Monitors system capacity by collecting and analyzing system performance data.
- Makes recommendations to maintain technical currency of web-related system infrastructure.
- System administrator and subject matter expert (SME) for web site authorization and authentication software.
- Evaluates and recommends infrastructure-related web technologies.
- Provides input (i.e., task duration estimates) for project schedule development and reports status on Operations progress.
- Provides technical information for web site infrastructure-related change management.
- Regularly communicates issues and issue resolution recommendations to management.
- Works effectively with colleagues.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with wireless applications and the full family of MS server products.
- Basic programming ability is required in at least one high-level language, preferably C# or Angular.
- ASP familiarity and an understanding of firewall, load balancing and network operating concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills necessary.
- Ability to document technical information effectively.
- Exposure to an IBMi series environment helpful.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
skills: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate of Science degree (A.S.) in Computer Science/Technology strongly preferred and two years progressive experience in web operations and development. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as weighted averages, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.