Sr. IT Business System Analyst
job summary: Description:
The Service Management Team needs a contractor to fill a business systems analyst-senior (BSA senior) role. In this role candidates assist in reviewing incidents and developing requirements for vendor-related development releases. Incident review will also include identifying root-cause and working alongside developers daily; therefore, this role requires experience in technical service-management supporting an application from an operations perspective. This individual will work with the team to develop vendor requirements based on incident/problem or enhancement efforts. These requirements become the scope of the bi-weekly vendor "Download" releases. In addition, they would also assist in analysis of incidents with the developers. The need for this role is related to two "Enterprise Projects" that will be impacting the current SM team's resources.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 46 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of those required on the job. Incumbents may perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
-Assesses the current state of business systems, defines needs and validates the solutions that deliver value to stakeholders and enables organizational change.
-Uses industry accepted tools, techniques, methodologies, best practices, and standards to elicit, prioritize, organize, document, model, and analyze business requirements, diverse in complexity and scope used in high level requirements and/or story cards.
-Articulates the business needs and applies industry-accepted tools and techniques that result in efficient and effective requirements to produce new and/or improved solutions.
-Creates or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results.
-Collaborates with business customers on complex, strategically planned systems enhancements or new system designs.
-Provides feedback, coaching, and training on the requirements process, tools and techniques.
-Participates in requirement review sessions to ensure standards adherence.
-Facilitates design review sessions
-Serves as a key contributor in the high level planning, execution, deployment and closing phases of a project.
-Negotiates solutions that are most efficient, cost justified and yield the best outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or Business-related discipline (e.g., MIS, Computer Science, Business Management) and a minimum of four years related work experience in requirements gathering activities or Progressive systems experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a minimum of six years related work experience in requirements gathering activities.
skills: Required Skills/Experience:
- Experience eliciting and documenting business and/or technical requirements that are moderately diverse in complexity and scope using industry accepted techniques.
- Experience identifying and analyzing intermediary to complex business events and features that will take place in programs/applications and/or systems, which includes prioritizing features, identifying risks and dependencies among features.
- Experience functioning as a technical resource by analyzing and further defining technical requirements for moderately complex programs/applications and/or systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.