job summary: Description Project Overview:
- The Tech Operations Team in Google is looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead the processes and help shape the future of the Global Engineering outsourced team in gTech.
- Working horizontally across the organization, you will help create and optimize processes for the team, while analysing the engineering program\'s current status and making recommendations for a long term role setup of the team.
- As a program manager you will create decks and analyse data for the vertical stakeholders in the organization.
- You will be trained on Google processes and work side by side the Program Manager of the engineering team (DevOps).
- You will also be responsible for analysing trends and growth data of the program as come up with recommendations from those.
- You will be directly involved in a number of high profile launches that have strategic importance for Google.
- This job entails working with various operations teams around the globe and a wide range of engineering teams to create and optimize processes, and use the latest of Google\'s internal technologies to build needed business intelligence.
- You will work closely with other support and software engineers and members of the operations teams. Y
- our technical skills will be crucial to support the development of tools and products for the engineering team and program itself.
- You will lead the technical documentation efforts of the team\'s tools and new launches, as well as managing a team of developers, building these tools.
- You will be comfortable with writing PRDs, BRDs, User Guides, and have had past experiences in similar roles.
- Leadership skills in this role are key, as well as readiness to learn and think fast. Finally, your knowledge about process excellence and operations will help you develop a strategy for the team as well as keep at pace with the fast changing Operations world at Google.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $66.67 - 73.62 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the PM to define, develop, distribute, and update processes Lead the development of a scalable solution for an outsourced engineering program
- Understand Google products, internal tools and processes and leverage those to push automation and increase work efficiency
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress, potential risks and delays and team performance to program teams, executives and other sponsors.
- Take the lead in driving cross-office collaboration and resolving any site-related differences
- Be involved in internal stakeholder communications while developing, planning, and implementing global initiatives/processes to help the PM manager and improve existing workflows
- Project-manage a number of software project in parallel Design, implement, test, and launch internal technical solutions and documentation for the team\'s tools and products Maintain existing tools and hardware infrastructure
- Assist with operations metrics analysis and develop reporting dashboards Analyze work processes to determine inefficiencies and opportunities for automation
- DevShop Finance - budgeting, accruals, PO management DevShop Documentation/ Presentations/Trix building as needed PACE Tool requirements/feedback gathering, coordination of tool development with PACE PM
qualifications: Required Skills: Technical skills:
- Familiarity with writing code -basic Java, JS, Python Experience (senior) in writing technical documentation (PRDs, BRDs, User Guides, etc)
- Familiarity with working with a team of engineers and across different timezones
- 5+ years experience in mapping workflows, processes for 1 or more teams Extensive Project/Large Operations management experience
skills: Data Analytics and Design:
- 3+ years experience in analysing data and presenting trends and recommendations to different audiences across the organization Experience working in
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, constantly evolving environments. Familiarity with ops metrics (e.g SLAs, Csat, etc)
- Exceptional analytical and structured problem solving skills Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Familiarity with /Outsourcing Models Experience working in a consulting environment Supply chain management experience (especially in process improvement) MBA or equivalent degree from a Top Tier Business School Six Sigma Certified Experienced in Lean Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.