job summary: Purpose of Position:
The Solution Architect contributes to delivery team's IT architecture by ensuring architecture decisions are designed and implemented consistently across business and IT to support the business and IT strategy. Perform research, analyse, design, propose, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are aligned with our Enterprise Architecture and appropriate for the business and IT strategies in the Digital Area of web portal. Work with the Lead Architect to contribute improvements to overall Enterprise Architecture.
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, customization, and implementation of robust, secure, scalable systems across n-tier platforms. The Architect will also help set the product direction and be responsible for evaluating and incorporating emerging standards and new technologies with collaboration from the Lead and Enterprise Architect. The Solution Architect is a member of the delivery team and is expected to make meaningful contribution to the technology solutions both in design and implementation.
- Evaluate architecture needs and gaps, "buy verses build" evaluations, prototype/pilot, and architecture recommendations for solutions. Work with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes and meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes.
- Support, resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture within the Digital web portals domain. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders from both IT and business units.
- Architecting complex technical web portals solutions.
- Integrating multiple technologies with Sitecore platform.
- Architecting, designing, and developing advanced customizations utilizing Sitecore platform.
- Creation and Mapping of functional requirements to web portals features and functionality.
- Design and solution architecture of a new application system, including coordination and alignment with vendor implementation partners.
- Ensure that business requirements and architectural requirements are fully met.
- Analysis, design and implementation of solutions which enable existing and new applications, packaged software offerings and custom-built systems to work together within an enterprise, or among enterprises
- Translating business requirements into solutions, including functional and technical design or pictures.
- Identifying existing process impact and apply overall generic design principles for future use and enhancements.
- Evaluating and improving processes and architecture in the domain of web portal and its features.
- Applying today's methods and technologies such as service-oriented-architecture (SOA), Business Process Management tools (BPM), API Management.
- Manage the transition of solution deliverables to development and production.
- Ensure the fulfilment of the business needs and the continuity of IT service delivery SLA's with incoming solutions.
- Estimating and planning efforts and tasks for identified solutions.
skills: Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in the area web portal Architecture and Development.
- Experience in one or more of one or more of the following products:
- API Design and Management Products
- Service governance products
- Experience in applying architectural principles as part of your solution design.
- Good knowledge of targeted business area and the IT landscape.
- Good communications and consulting skills.
- Good knowledge of customer and service oriented working
- Good project and process management skills.
- Experience developing and/or supporting enterprise systems with SLAs and customer driven feature sets.
- Experience working with development teams to implement systems to facilitate business needs and iterate on functionality as requirements emerge.
- Advise leadership on architecture issues - Promote the development of technical infrastructure/architecture and standards to enable delivery to business domains.
- Support current state architecture and evaluate roadmaps for opportunity to improve processes including cloud strategy, DevOps, and technical delivery excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field of study and at least 7 years relevant experience.
- Experience working in heavy regulated industries such as Financial services or Pharmaceutical
- Able to manage multiple streams of activities simultaneously.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Able to maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to develop messaging and decision strategies for senior management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.