Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced DataPower Engineer for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO. This person will work closely with all levels of MIS to coordinate the service support and delivery of middleware technologies with application development, server, database, information security, and network teams for infrastructure.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Job Duties:
- Ensure availability, reliability, and performance of middleware application infrastructure.
- Coordinate, escalate, resolve, and close any service request, incident, problem, and change management issues assigned to middleware team.
- Assist and/or champion the triage and troubleshooting of production and non-production middleware technologies.
- Provide coordination of any project tasks, toll gates, and milestones.
- Perform patching, software implementations, and upgrades to middleware technologies.
- Partner and interact with technology vendors in support of the environment
- May be required to work varied schedules due to on-call responsibilities.
- Escalation point 24x7 for all middleware production issues.
- DataPower Administration required
- AppServer (WebSphere/Weblogic) technologies - required
- IBM HTTP Server preferred
- BPM preferred
- IIB preferred
- Demonstrates functional knowledge of Internet fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, SSL, HTTP)
- Demonstrates basic UNIX Server Administration skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple projects and incidents simultaneously
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all business areas and skill levels regarding technical issues
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively within a team oriented environment
skills: DataPower Administration knowledge and previous experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.