Technical lead is a senior level technical contributor as well as an effective leader of a development team who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures and can design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands end to end web development technology stack, responsive web design, Service oriented architecture(SOA) and turns concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and design teams to drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
- Be able to manage multiple task and projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Lead technical design activities, and ensures all technical hurdles are resolved to deliver high quality product roadmap
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Conduct code reviews for system modifications and development. Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality
- Ensure that software standards and quality targets are met
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of Core Java development experience using J2EE
- Must have experience with service implementation using service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Excellent knowledge of MVC design pattern, dependency injection
- Must have strong working experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, JAXB, JAX-WS
- Experience with backend technologies including Java, J2EE, JBoss, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, JPA, Tomcat, Hibernate
- Experience with SQL, OOD, XML, JDBC, Shell, & Perl Scripting is a plus
- Familiar with security concepts ( authentication , authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi protocol gateways
- Understanding of Agile SDLC methodologies is a must.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium, Jenkins, Ansible is highly desirable
- Experience with monitoring and logging techniques and tools such as CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and Dynatrace etc.
- Possess excellent software architecture, design and problem solving skills
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Champions employee engagement within SCRUM team. Is the primary change agent for the team. Remains positive, direct, data-driven, constructive and vocally self-critical.
- Travel to local Prudential sites up to 10%
skills: Java - Restful API - microservices - AWS Cloud - Kafka messaging - Spring/Boot
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.