job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
This team is responsible for coordinating production releases, ensuring smooth roll out of programming, and troubleshooting in the event of an unsuccessful employment.
This team has exposure to exciting new technologies and to grow their technological skillset. This team also has the opportunity to assist in maintaining the dotcom site. In this role, you will work with multiple teams within the company and also have autonomy for your own work. The ideal candidate will be have a team mindset and also be able to work independently. Project Description:
Release Manager will be responsible to manage end to end release process for multiple Data center & AWS applications by integrating with engineering and operations teams. They will be the Central managing point for scope, pipeline, escalation & communication for the detailed program release activity. Also, will manage dependencies across multiple applications to ensure smooth rollout of new projects. Release management team operates on a Product Subject matter Expert model and Release managers are expected to have high level technical knowledge of their products for effective decision making. The candidate should also have past Change management experience.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 58 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
What would a normal day for this position look like??
- Facilitate and manage the releases from a variety of project teams from different environments - from QA stage and production stage.
- Managing scope and code that goes into releases
- Collaborate with various teams to identify what actually needs to be included in the releases
- Work with multiple project teams to define scope
- Work with support teams to ensure environment stability
- Provide communication to leadership regarding release updates
- Governance of code exceptions for releases
- Co-ordinate Change management process for Releases
- There is no definition of a normal day for this role.
- On an average day this contractor would be interfacing with the various teams through meetings, hallway conversation, emails and phone conversations
- Work through daily coordination of all activities that go through a release
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- 5-7 years of related experience
- 2-3 Years of technical Release Management Experience
- 1-2 years of Change management experience
- NoSQL and Oracle knowledge
- Must have managed large Release Projects
- Someone that has a release engineering background that has moved into a PM or Release Management role - Preferred
- Basic ITIL certification - Preferred
skills: Skills Overview: What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Familiar with Continuous Integration & delivery Methodologies
- Familiarity with AWS platform
- Service Now experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and is also able to work in a large team environment
- Must be driven and able to think outside of the box to accomplish tasks
- Must be a decision maker
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.