job summary: Responsibilities:
1) End-User Design / Functionality Review: Complete site audit, review existing application to assess for potential improvement opportunities in the areas of user experience vs. defined user need, including functionality, intuitiveness, ease of navigation, workflow, look-and-feel. Communicate observations, ideas and recommendations to business and IT stakeholders.
2) UI Documentation: Create written documentation of current state user interface functionality / design as a reference for business and IT stakeholders and as a benchmark for design change proposals. Include personas, wireframes, use cases, user stories, user-flow diagrams, navigation maps, site maps, content inventory as needed. Update said documentation to reflect ongoing UI changes.
3) User Manual: Update existing user manuals to improve usefulness and readability, and to reflect ongoing changes to the application.
4) Business requirements: Assist the IT lead analyst in the identification, definition and clarification of business stakeholder needs for enhancements to the application. Conduct user research, and leverage user modeling or personas to clarify UX-specific needs.
5) Functional design / solution requirements: Assume primary responsibility for the definition of functional design involving user interface / user experience elements as needed for project and maintenance change efforts. Collaborate with business stakeholders to formulate concepts and assemble wireframes, mockups, or prototypes and conduct iterative evaluation / validation to ensure design fulfills defined business requirements.
6) Front-End development: Assist the application developer with implementing finalized UI changes in the application.
7) Quality Assurance: Assist the IT lead analyst in planning for and executing validation of changes to the application, taking primary responsibility for the testing of user interface updates to assure fulfillment of underlying business requirements.
8) User Acceptance Testing: Assist the IT lead analyst to coordinate UAT among business stakeholders.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $42.00 - 52.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
Please see list of responsibilities.
1) 3 or more years of user interface design, user experience design - including interaction and visual design, information architecture and user research - working with multi-tier software applications using a browser-based front-end
2) 3 or more years' experience with Use of web-based or Windows-compatible tools to design, diagram, document UI / UX, such as: Adobe XD, Axure RP, Balsamiq, Justinmind, Mockplus, Mockups, Webflow, Wireframe cc.
NOTE: Candidates will be required to provide examples of previous design work.
- Degree in web design, UX.
- Experience designing web-based applications in healthcare industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.