Randstad Technologies is actively seeking a dedicated and highly motivated team oriented person to fill the role of DevOps Engineer in Lenexa, KS.
location: Overland Park, Kansas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
- Provide day-to-day operational support for equities, options, and futures trading platforms.
- Monitor the live trading platform and actively engage in the incident management process.
- Ability to quickly and calmly resolve real time production issues in a high pressure, fast-paced setting.
- Coordinate system upgrades and feature rollouts between software, system, and network engineers.
- Develop tools to monitor, analyze, and optimize trading platform performance.
- Develop reports detailing trading platform activity.
- Define and document operational processes, policies and procedures.
- Willingness to participate in on call rotations and occasional weekend testing.
- 7+ years of experience in technical operations support and/or software development.
- Strong understanding of the interaction of networking, systems, and software.
- High level of proficiency in Python, SQL and shell scripting.
- Ability to read and evaluate Java and C++ desired.
- Systems Administration and/or Network Administration experience desired.
- Experience with RHEL and SUSE desired.
- In depth knowledge of Linux networking, and low level performance tuning.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Nagios, Puppet, Salt, JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible, and Collectd desired.
- Experience working in an environment where business operations are strongly intertwined with technology.
- Highly self-motivated with a tenacious drive to solve difficult problems.
- Desire and ability to learn and apply new technical concepts on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.