The primary objective of the position is to be the subject matter expert for the virtualization platforms within the organization, ensuring that the hosted and managed services are high performing and reliable.
Technical expertise is critical in order to imagine and drive technical improvements across our database, networking, and infrastructure teams, and to partner with our application teams, implementing more robust and performant applications for our internal solutions and business solutions (Tax, Audit, Consulting, Finance and Advisory Services).
You should be someone excited with the challenge of bringing an engineering mindset to operations and is passionate about imagining and implementing improvements, relentlessly pursues excellence, is a deep and broad technical expert, and can build trusting relationships across teams.
location: Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Responsible for ensuring all virtualization hosts within the data center(s) conform to the same standard configurations and driver / firmware levels that are in line with best practices.
- Identify repeatable operational tasks and issues; create automated resolutions to these situations to reduce operational overhead within the virtualization function as well as other enabling areas as required.
- Support infrastructure applications from a Virtualization function as required, including Microsoft Hyper-V, SQL Server, SharePoint, SAP and Microsoft Clustering.
- Capable of presenting analyses and recommendations to leadership or discussing the technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects.
- Optimization and performance of hardware infrastructure.
- Monitoring of the ticketing system and responding to issues that have been escalated to the Virtualization function of the Global Hosting Services team.
- Compliance with Change Control Processes and adherence to standards and documentation.
- Responsible for the consistent build and ongoing hardware and O/S support for managed servers deployed within member firms.
- As a member of the Virtualization team you will be required to participate in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation. Participate in "Systems Day" and other maintenance activities will be required as necessary.
- Responsible for collation of data and the distribution of daily and monthly operational reports.
- Working with project teams, Global Network Operations Engineers and the Technical Support groups implementing new systems as required.
- Responsible for awareness and compliance with all aspects relating to policy and guidelines of the Information Security Management System, including but not limited to the Information Security Policy and Information Security Standards.
- Performs all related job functions following established process and procedures in order to preserve the confidentiality of information hosted and managed by the GHS organization from unauthorized disclosure and to protect the integrity of information hosted and managed by the GHS organization from unauthorized or accidental modification, and protect the accuracy and completeness of this information.
- Responsible for reporting any (known or suspected) breach in information security or policies to the Global Security Office.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Clustering.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2 and later (other virtualization platforms a plus).
- In-depth knowledge of Windows PowerShell.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange (2007 and above), and IIS. Experience with Active Directory & Exchange implementations of greater than 10,000 users a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 and later as it pertains to virtualization & storage best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Backup and Replication technologies including on and off site.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft System Center products.
- General knowledge of Cisco Storage Networking is mandatory.
- General knowledge of IBM Storage Solutions - XIV, SVC, V7000 and Flash Systems.
- General knowledge of HP OneView
- Experience with large scale data center architecture and implementation; appreciate the important aspects of running a 24/7/365 enterprise environment.
- Experience in managing and organizing documentation within operational environments with focus upon indexing and content labeling.
- Detailed understanding and ability to operate within a process-driven organization, but not be limited or constrained by it.
- Ability to communicate effectively to peers all the way up to C-Level members of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Sensitivity and cultural awareness is essential as the role will involve contact with a variety of people around the globe.
- Discipline and experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail is essential.
- Ten or more years relevant experience supporting enterprise level storage technologies in a global & geographically-dispersed environment.
- Significant relevant technical training courses. Accreditation to recognized levels within the IT industry as well as show a history of providing similar services within a multinational professional firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.