The Backup and Recovery administrator responsible for maintenance and optimization of our backup environments. In addition to daily job monitoring, the administrator will participate in multiple Disaster Recovery tests throughout the year.
General knowledge of infrastructure management tools is expected and a solid background in user support is critical as this position involves dealing with a large number of day to day issues which arise in supporting the IT requirements.
The BRE executes small projects, coordinates incident response and escalations, and tracks and follows up on ongoing chronic problems through resolution.
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborates with our global team to develop and improve methods and processes for supporting the user community's technology needs.
- Delivers personal tasks on time and leads cross-functional initiatives.
- Develops Reports and analyze data growth proposing sustainable long-term backup solution.
- Designs, Develops, Implements and maintain processes and rules for backup and recovery.
- Responsible for fulfilling end-user requests, management of incidents and change requests.
- Periodically provides guidance to and assists in training less experienced individuals
- Works with guidance or minimal guidance
- The BRE interacts with our global vendors to meet Service Level Agreements
- The BRE uses their knowledge to document and optimize service delivery workflows to enhance quality, and reduce the cost of services
- The BRE interacts and follows up with our internal customers providing support and comfort level
- Participate in patching activities and maintenance
- Create and document standards and procedures
- Analyze failures and prioritize resolution efforts
- Create appropriate thresholds and setup health monitors
- Bachelor's degree -- Business or IT related
- Knowledge of ITIL or other quality process methodology (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- 5 years related experience
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
- A customer focus; strong organizational skills, and conceptual design skills, including the ability to influence multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to act with customer orientation and be attentive and responsive to customer concerns.
- Ability to create presentations relating to growth trends
- Ability to create and track meaningful metrics
- Ability to successfully understand and translate the needs of internal customers into IT service requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of a diverse environment, including service providers, senior management, administrative groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated insight, tact, political acumen, and diplomacy skills sufficient to foster effective relations and build consensus with diverse groups in the enterprise.
- Strong experience in IBM Spectrum Protect, Veeam, EMC Data Domain, Oracle Recovery Manager
- Broad and diverse technical experience protecting and restoring various technologies:
- Systems: x86, Linux, AIX,
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, AIX, etc.
- Database solutions: SQL and Oracle
- Application backups: Sharepoint, Exchange, Oracle, etc
- Experience implementing and managing one or more replication technologies
- Netapp SnapMirror
- Experience with Disaster Recovery scenario based testing and planning.
- Knowledge and experience working with automation tooling as it relates to process and procedures within the backup environment
- Cloud knowledge and experience is a plus.
- SCCM/SCOM knowledge and experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.