Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Digital Accessibility UX Specialist to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pleasanton area.
We are looking for a creative and motivated professional who can contribute to our clients efforts in designing accessible features for their digital properties. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Partner with designers, as well as product owners and developers, to ensure designs and pre-development technical decisions will produce accessible results.
- Accessibility Consulting and Design Reviews of comps and wireframes with User Experience leads.
- Train and mentor UX leads, designers, and product owners on accessible design.
- 3+ years as a full-time accessibility specialist
- 3+ years' experience in User Experience or User Interface design
- A thorough understanding of why and how to build products that are accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities
- Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles and techniques for meeting accessibility success criteria (including WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA).
- Detailed knowledge on WCAG 2.0 AA including limitations of the specific guidelines.
- Understanding the overlap between user experience and accessibility.
- Understanding the strategies of persons with disabilities in using assistive technology for the Web and mobile apps.
- Familiarity with Responsive web design and mobile apps
- Experience/Expertise with an accessibility platform such as AMP or aXe.
- Experience/Expertise using shortcuts and keystrokes.
- Experience/Expertise with JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and Android for iOS.
skills: Desired Skills:
Desired Certification (beneficial, but not required):
- Experience with Accessibility Management Platform (AMP).
- Familiarity with web design programs (SketchApp, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (Invision, Axure, Proto.io)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS)
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Ability to work with little supervision, tight timelines, and competing priorities.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cross-train and mentor.
- Accuracy, reliability, and excellent attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.