Title: Java Developer
Location: Long Beach, CA 90801
Duration: Long Term Opportunity with potential to extend
Engineers will be working in a cutting edge, aerospace development organization creating core tools and infrastructure for next generation aircraft. Engineers must have robust experience with both back-end and front-end development in a microservices-based architecture.
Specifically, the expertise will include developing Java-based Microservices using the Spring Boot Framework and Angular (4+) front ends.
They will also be comfortable with the design, development and deployment of these applications to run in Pivitol and/or Azure Cloud environments.
The ideal candidate must be strong team players capable of working in a regulated development environment as a part of a large virtual team. In this role you will utilize your experience / expertise to solve problems and develop solutions. The candidate must be self-motivated, confident and hands-on with a strong work ethic in order to create in high-quality, state-of-the-art products aimed at giving the customers an unwavering level of confidence.
For immediate consideration, please contact.. JoMarie Mercado
Sr. Technical Recruiter - Solutions Randstad Technologies
3011 Internet Blvd, Ste 300
Frisco, TX 75034 T: 817-615-9878 M: 817-223-4260 Jomarie.Mercado@randstadusa.com www.randstadusa.com
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work within an agile team to test features to ensure high quality delivery that conforms to the user story acceptance criteria. Must be able to work in highly iterative development cycles.
- Strong focus on collaboration and enablement of team based development.
- Make strategic design and architecture decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, and troubleshooting during development.
- Continually improve code and determine if there are better ways or technologies to introduce to the team.
- Participate in peer reviews for software development project deliverables.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned developers.
- Review and provide feedback in defining development standards.
- Strong verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based development projects
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a fullstack Java/Angular developer, responsible for developing complex systems in a technical environment
- Deep expertise developing Java Microservices using Spring Boot (REST/JSON and SOAP/XML)
- Experience with Angular 4.0 and above
- Expert knowledge of XML, XQuery and XPath
- Experience working in Azure and/or Pivitol Cloud environments
- Test Driven Development (TDD) using Cucumber or other Behavior Driven Design (BDD) library
- Experience querying and developing MySQL databases
- Experience working in an high-performing small team environment, including partnering with technical analysts, other developers and testers
skills: Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with developing applications for the regulated industries like aerospace, healthcare, or automative. Specifically with tool development and qualification.
- Knowledge and experience with DO-178B/C and DO330 or similar processes.
- Experience in requirements and test case management ( DOORs)
- Experience developing using a Pair Programming methodology and Agile.
- Strong CI/CD experience with the Atlassian tools including Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Ability to understand and pick up new tools and technologies quickly
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.