job summary: Sr. Supply Quality Engineer needed in Andover, MA
Expert and technical lead with proven experience. Develop and oversee equipment qualification and process validation plans and lead continuous improvement projects based on process/product trends, customer complaints, industry standards and government regulations. Assure quality systems of OEMs, manufacturers and suppliers are maintained and acceptance criteria are in alignment with component/product use and customer expectations. Provide Quality oversight of product/process change requests from suppliers, ensuring appropriate regulatory review and adequate validation to support requested changes. Serve as internal and supplier quality auditor, managing planning, execution, reporting and closure of audits and audit findings.
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Responsible for:
- Supplier Quality Performance Monitoring
- Assisting in the development of Quality processes relating to Supplier Quality Control's
- Assist in supplier audits and supplier qualification
- Assessing supplier capabilities, supplier quality controls, adherence to design outputs
- Serve as a Quality interface to suppliers supporting quality and productivity goals, proactively monitoring and measuring product/process quality and performance trends, and troubleshooting of production/release issues.
Minimum 15 years professional experience in the applicable role. Education:
Bachelor's /Master's degree or equivalent.
- Audit and inspection experience
- Experience with supplier control and design controls, and design ties to supplier
- Knowledge or experience with CPK, APQP, Process Capability Statistics in relation to Six Sigma which is essentially process optimization
- Understands QSIT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.