job summary: AWESOME OPPORTUNITY FOR A BUSINESS ANALYST IN COLUMBUS, GA Job Summary
Works independently as a subject matter expert between IT and business partners on complex projects; identifies and communicates business needs and translates them into business and technical requirements from which solutions can be implemented; determines if technical solutions impact existing work processes/systems and ensures proper integration; as part of a team provides input surrounding buy vs. build decisions for possible solutions
location: Columbus, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves primarily as a senior-level project team member working on complex projects.
- Serves as a liaison between business partners and IT to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and maintain established business relationship.
- Leads and or assists with project deliverables such as project initiation requests, business and technical requirements, use cases, interface specifications, business architecture models, cost/benefit analysis, risk and issue logs, test plans, training plans and elevation / validation plans.
- Communicates and presents complex technical concepts simply and effectively to nontechnical team members
- Assesses long term needs, performs gap analysis and makes future state recommendations.
- Participates in identifying opportunities that impact business strategy and system performance.
- Participates in JAD sessions with business partners to enable technical solutions that allow for process improvements.
- Conducts systems analysis with a focus on business and technical process models and use cases.
- Mentors and develops junior team members into resources with higher skill sets.
- Collects research on the competition in terms of best practices, business processes, and procedures; pays particular attention to market strategies and product development; makes recommendations for buy vs. build decisions
- Provides testing support and analysis for defect resolution.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, statistics, computer science, information systems, or a related field and six to eight years of related work experience and knowledge of organizational systems and capabilities, business operations and requirements, business modeling concepts, software development methodologies and lifecycle, developing technical requirements using analysis techniques, etc., or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced database skills with experience using MS Access, SQL knowledge of how relational databases work.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues as required; review complex data and derive summary conclusions
- High value contributor / value added professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.