job summary: General Description:
The candidate for this role will have a strong working knowledge of gathering requirements and developing solutions to meet those requirements. The candidate will also have proven professional written and verbal communications skills and excellent troubleshooting skills. All consultants are expected to work as a team both with company and customer team members. We are looking for a senior level consultant/engineer to support our application deployment practice. The candidate should be at an advanced or senior level with regard to application packaging and deployment in an enterprise environment. Additionally, the candidate should have strong working knowledge of desktop operating systems from Windows XP through to Windows 10 in the enterprise. The information below should summarize the expectations.
location: Reinholds, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing and leading customer meetings for discovery, status, and solution overviews
- Analyzing, interpreting, and documenting business, technical, budgetary, and operational requirements for the purposes of developing a detailed design.
- Building and testing solutions prior to production deployment
- Planning production deployments and team communications
- Managing production deployments and providing effect support for the deployment
- Maintaining advanced level knowledge of virtualization solutions to include but not limited to: Altiris, BigFix, Microsoft SCCM/SCOM.
- Advanced knowledge of application packaging, testing, and deployment
- Experience working in an enterprise environment comprised of a minimum of 1000 users.
- Experience working with and supporting a structured change management and configuration management process.
- Maintaining an intermediate to advanced level of understanding of the following technologies:
- Server Hardware, Server Operating Systems, Servers Storage, Server/Data Center Backup and Recovery
- Virtualization (Applications, User Environment, Hardware, Storage)
- Directory Services and Supporting Services (LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Proof of concept planning, execution and demonstration.
- Participation in developing customer requirements and documentation
- Obtaining and maintaining industry certifications
- Lab management and maintenance
- New product and solution research and knowledge transfer with team members
- Ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels in a customer organization
- Ability to overcome obstacles and objections
- Provide account reports at the direction of the management, time & expense reporting submission, performs other duties as assigned.
qualifications: Qualifications & requirements:
- Three + years of experience performing similar activities
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications Skills
- Ability to present and demonstrate technology solutions to large and small groups.
- Previous experience with standard enterprise deployment practices.
- Ability to stay current with required technical certifications
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
skills: Travel: 50% - Remote 50%
SCCM is the main focus. its more than just knowing SCCM, They have to be someone who knows what to do with SCCM (like a consultant) vs being told what to do with is (like an admin type). needs to be able to design and implement (vs just knowing support)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.