A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a Database Systems and Middleware Manager for a direct hire opportunity.
The Database Infrastructure Manager's role is to plan, organize, and manage IT professionals and overall delivery to ensure the building and implementation of the organization's IT database infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly Oracle and SQL database systems.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often heads one or more departments.
- Identify, direct and manage 3 rd party vendors as required to meet project demands.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project delivery.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the architecture team and represents organization on specific projects.
- Provides input on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Interprets and administers policies, processes and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific services.
- Ensure adherence to governance oversight as defined by Change Management, Release Management, Security and Compliance.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Develops budgets schedules and performance standards for near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications. Leads briefings and technical meetings of internal and external representatives.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component and license inventory and related documentation.
- Monitors budgets and operational effectiveness, develops strategies for adjusted courses of action and develops new techniques to support innovative solutions and removes barriers to change.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of server and storage analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Manage Level III break fix support for critical incidents.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science or 9-13.5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Six Sigma, ITIL v3 and/or relevant technology certifications.
- 6-9 years experience with BA or 4-7 years with MA managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and infrastructure delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- 6-9 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
- Global Enterprise Experience
- Process oriented
- Six Sigma, ITIL v3, or related certifications
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Experience in cloud environment specifically with kubernetes and docker containers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.