Software Engineer III - Machine Guidance
As part of the this team, you will have the opportunity to research, design, build, and improve the umbrella of products From design to production, you'll have a role at each step of the development life-cycle. You'll be tackling tough challenges that require innovative out-of-the-box thinking. If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the industry.
location: Tucson, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Senior Software Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Develops new software modules and extends existing software modules.
- Develops proof of concepts.
- Develops unit tests, automation tests and simulations to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Supports existing products by fixing defects reported after release.
- Works closely with product introduction and regional teams to diagnose and troubleshoot software issues.
- Assists with manual software testing as needed to meet release objectives and timelines.
- Performs analysis, estimates work and creates and updates software architecture and design.
- At all times remains compliant to established process, guidelines and policies.
- Leads and mentors other software developers at all levels.
- Drives the work of the team, acts as the go-to person to remove impediments and provide innovative solutions.
- Works closely with management to define and negotiate scope of releases.
- Works closely with management to suggest process improvements, structural and technical improvements.
- Recommends research, prototypes and technology selections to address business problems.
- 7+ years of proven experience
- Solid experience developing highly efficient yet feature-rich embedded applications (for PDAs, iPhones, Android phones, etc.)
- Solid understanding of real-time distributed application development on .NET
- Strong knowledge of best patterns and practices and common industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain large and complex system architectures
- Strong understanding of agile development methodology
- Strong analytical skills, experience with domain modeling and requirement elicitation
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with local and offshore development teams
- Desire to learn new technologies and expand your areas of expertise
- Programming languages: C# (must)
skills: Desired skills
- Communication technologies: WCF, TCP/IP, Web Services
- UI technologies & packages: Winforms, WPF, Composite UI, Infragistics, DevExpress, Telerik
- Positioning technologies: GPS, GIS, cartographic/mapping technologies
- Database technologies: SQL Server 2008, SQL Compact, Reporting Services, Replication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.