The Supportability team is focused on creating and maintaining tools that make our support teams more effective. This includes automating the deployment of firmware, software and configuration to mobile devices, the automated collection and analysis of health telemetry, streamlining installation and maintenance processes, and more. We have some long-running projects, and smaller projects that get turned around more quickly.
We are a small team focused primarily on .NET Core mobile and web development projects.
location: Tucson, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Software Engineer II Responsibilities:
Most of the time, a person in this position performs the following tasks under close supervision:
- Develops new software modules and extends existing software modules.
- Develops proof of concepts.
- Develops unit tests, automation tests and simulations to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Supports existing products by fixing defects reported after release.
- Works closely with product introduction and regional teams to diagnose and troubleshoot software issues.
- Assists with manual software testing as needed to meet release objectives and timelines.
- Performs analysis, estimates work and creates and updates software architecture and design.
- At all times remains compliant to established process, guidelines and policies.
- Leads and mentors more junior software developers.
qualifications: Software Engineer II Requirements:
- At least 5+ years of proven experience
- Solid experience developing highly efficient yet feature-rich embedded applications (for mobile devices, web, etc.)
- Solid understanding of real-time distributed application development on .NET or Java platform
- Strong problem solving skills with proper application of basic data structures such as hashes and heaps
- Strong knowledge of best patterns and practices and common industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain large and complex system architectures
- Self-driven desire to learn and keep current on programming languages and evolving web technologies
- Strong analytical skills, experience with domain modeling and requirement elicitation
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with local and offshore development teams
- Must be a versatile developer and must have mastered a wide range of technologies
- Be able to provide clear example code to best illustrate your coding practices
skills: Preference will be given to candidates that:
- Can demonstrate a solid understanding of fundamental computer science theory, like data structures and algorithms
- Have sufficient .NET experience to be able to understand and expand upon existing legacy code in a timely manner
- Familiarity with .NET features such as LINQ, delegates, async/await, monitors, concurrent collections, and extension methods
- Have experience with front-end frameworks like React, Angular and/or Vue and their corresponding ecosystems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.