RANDSTAD TECHNOLOGIES IS SEEKING A SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR FOR A PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY IN JACKSONVILLE, FL.
THIS CANDIDATE CANNOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $58,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain existing and new Microsoft Windows server and client operating systems.
- Install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain existing and new infrastructure hardware and technologies, e.g. servers, storage, virtualization.
- Provide installation and configuration support for data centers and offices.
- Provide support to help desk technical staff regarding system administration and usage.
- Consult with database programmers, analysts, other systems administrators, and users regarding current and prospective system changes and future needs and advise.
- Oversee and guide the efforts of technicians as they diagnose and correct system-related failures and perform system management activities.
- Identify logical solutions to complex system administration and application problems.
- Demonstrate initiative to conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions.
- Analyze existing operations and recommends improvements.
- Collaborate with data center and network telecommunicate providers to identify and resolve problems and issues.
- Prepare and maintain systems documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong working understanding of Microsoft server roles and features, e.g., Active Directory, DHCP, DFS, DNS, Failover Clustering, File, Hyper-V, IIS, NPS, and Print.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and diagnose and resolve problems and issues. Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems.
- Strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and identify and resolve problems and accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to drive projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple projects and deadlines. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage multiple deadlines within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong configuration and design skills. Demonstrated documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with users from diverse skill levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, e.g. Visio, Project, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and good judgment when working with sensitive issues.
- Ability to effectively contribute to a positive work environment and to the overall team effort in the department and organization.
- Ability to influence others without having direct authority.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience working with Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Active Directory.
- Three years of experience selecting, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure, e.g. servers, storage.
- One year of experience working with Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools and systems.
- Three years of experience working with software and hardware vendors.
- Two years of experience working with SolarWinds and ManageEngine products, or other monitoring technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.