Application Hosting Engineer
As a Senior Windows Systems Engineer, you are responsible for the health and maintenance of over 300 Windows systems supporting enterprise class software products with a focus on SQL server administration and overall infrastructure security. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for providing the 7x24x365 delivery of operational and technical support services through telephone, email, web, and on site for a variety of enterprise class software environments, as well as assisting the Support Desk in customer satisfaction and retention. This position is also responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other documentation as needed for the entire organization.
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Have a high level of knowledge and skills in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities; able to quickly find solutions to issues and problems.
- Provide timely and quality response to all customer issues; resolving issues within documented Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Monitor existing systems to ensure high availability, reporting and remediating issues in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot server operational issues, installation issues, and technical issues as reported by both internal and external customers.
- Escalate unresolved issues as documented in processes and procedures, maintain ownership of issues through resolution and provide updates to management on critical issues.
- Manage capacity planning, report technical performance metrics, and implementation of operational standards and best practices to meet required service levels.
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data integrity.
- Preserve the confidentiality and security of all customer data.
- Adhere to established ITIL service management processes for Problem, Incident and Change management.
- Develop and continuously refine documented technical strategies to provide a scalable and manageable environment for future growth.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Design / Develop PowerShell Scripts for Automation of Operational Process, where appropriate.
- Proactively manage assigned projects and obtain resources as needed to meet business objectives and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Participate in a rotational on-call schedule to support 7x24 operations.
skills: - Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience in a corporate or enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain complex Windows systems and integrate multiple applications.
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, GPO, DHCP and other directory service technologies.
- Experience with Single Sign-On (SSO) technologies required; SAML and Ping preferred.
- Experience capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance planning to ensure high availability.
- Experience with network monitoring and application performance monitoring tools. Dynatrace and SolarWinds experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher; SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server mirroring, SSRS Packages and SQL Server performance troubleshooting.
- Intermediate experience using PowerShell to automate routine tasks.
- Knowledge of technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, SNMP, IIS, .Net and HTML.
- Experience with security protocols and monitoring such as Firewalls, WAF, and SIEMs.
- Knowledge of security technologies and standards including system lockdown procedures disk encryption, server hardening and SSL.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMWare ESX Servers and vSphere.
- Experience in high availability \ disaster recovery design.
- Experience with replication technologies such as DoubleTake \ Carbonite.
- Experience with Windows failover Clustering, Storage Area Networks, and Key Management Systems.
- Experience configuring and supporting N-tier software applications.
- Experience with project management and proven ability to track multiple deliverables.
- Experience with Service Management including ITIL certification.
- Working Knowledge of Office 365 and Azure a plus.
- Certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare or other relevant technologies a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.