IT Manager, ERP Logistics
The IT Manager - ERP Logistics is responsible for supporting and driving system capabilities and enhancements into company's ERP oracle warehousing and transportation systems. The position primarily centers on two things: 1) providing support in resolving incidents, service requests, and problems, and 2) developing new capabilities required by the business. Both require meeting with relevant operating company functional managers and members to determine issues, problems, and the new capabilities required to meet the business objectives. Translating those needs into business requirements thru the technical delivery process to heave configurations, technical specs, data, integrations, functional code built to deliver the functional needs. The successful candidate is also highly attuned to industry best practices with regard to their specific functional area of focus. Additionally, the position will manage small to medium projects: assemble teams, assign responsibilities, develop schedules, and perform implementations. The role is designed to be a partner with the business to deliver effective business enabling solutions that meet the business needs of all operating companies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has direct supervisory responsibilities
location: Muscatine, Iowa
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
- This is a hand-on Manager role that needs to help design new capabilities and troubleshoot support issues.
- Understand the business logistics process areas and become a subject matter expert in the day to day operations and activities of those areas of responsibility
- Utilize business analysis skills to develop, recommend, and lead new processes and procedure
- Utilize an analytical framework leveraging industry research and best practices
- Build and leverage relationships with internal business partners, corporate enablers, and external partners to deliver technology solutions
- Build relationships with operating company stakeholders to complete business analysis for projects and investments
- As a hands-on manager also responsible for supporting the applications in EBS logistics area, including 3rd party transportation, warehousing, labeling, and parcel manifest systems. Resolving incidents and service requests in Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframe.
- Responsible for the capturing of business requirements for projects assigned
- Responsible for assisting our business partners in developing the business case for a project
- Responsible for the development of functional specifications for projects assigned, which describe the functional design of the system, its RICEW (reports, interface, conversion, enhancements/extension and workflow) needs, and gap analysis
- Responsible for the system design and configuration of the applications in area of responsibility
- Responsible for the development of use cases, testing scenarios, and mock-ups/prototypes for projects assigned
- Responsible for Technical Specification for projects assigned.
- Create and update key documents as determined by the project manager for assigned projects
- Manages small to large software/process implementation projects using company project management methodology
- Provides quality assurance, testing and updates to test plans and script documents as needed
- Responsible for the successful and timely completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Prepare and deliver communications to various audiences including business and IT leadership
- Provide insights and recommendations from analysis and speak to impacts on the business
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information, develop alternative solutions, and work well in individual and group problem solving situations
- Be a subject matter expert on area of expertise including best practices and technology trends
- Partners with operating company functional managers and develop strategic focus regarding the applications within their specific functional area
- Manages enhancement requests from users within the IT demand planning framework with a view of longer-term strategic vision of operating company goals
- Identify and deliver breakthrough value (new methods or processes that provide extraordinary benefit to the company and establish standard work processes so the breakthrough is repeatable
- Bachelor's degree or related equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
skills: - Must have at least 5+ years of Oracle application experience in one or all the modules: Oracle Warehouse Management,Inventory, Shipping, and Transportation.
- Must have Support or implementation experience in Oracle EBS R12 (12.2.4 preferred)
- Must be able to understand company's custom extensions in the Logistics area.
- Needs to be comfortable in understanding and going through SQL code.
- Needs to be proficient in working with Oracle Support (raising SRs, escalating SRs etc.)
- Experience in functional and regression testing
- Experience with directly managing members and contractors effectively
- Self-motivated, internally driven
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems to provide data processing and procedural enhancements
- Ability to analyze problems and create related solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within the guidelines of a project management framework
- Clearly and concisely expresses professional opinions with supporting rationale
- Performs under stress or copes with frequent deadlines of interruptions without loss of efficiency or composure
- Ability to motivate others to work toward common organizational goals
- Performs a multiplicity of tasks, often changing from one to another, without loss of concentration or composure
- Adapts to both working alone, or as part of a larger team, for varying durations
- Comfortable making independent field-level decisions and interpretations of existing organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professional behavior when communicating and working with members, vendors and/or customers
- Very strong ability to document meeting notes, business correspondence, and flow-charts
- Ability to synthesize high-level concepts surrounding new work requests into a scope document and set of business requirements
- Identify and deliver breakthrough value (new methods or processes that provide extra ordinary benefit to the business partner and establish standard work processes so the breakthrough is repeatable
- Ability to effectively present information and training in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other members of the organization
- Ability to lead requirements-gathering sessions with relevant business members
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.