We are seeking a dynamic problem solver with excellent communication and analytical skills to join our growing group. You will be part of an ~10 person all-star team responsible for managing many Cybersecurity programs affecting all aspects of our business.
We work together to build schedules, models, and forecasts; gather information from stakeholders; update projects; surface and resolve issues; and drive delivery.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 4
- Schedule and lead meetings.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Navigate your internal network to identify program contributors and stakeholders.
- Organize information in a PowerPoint slide deck, Excel spreadsheet, or project management tool (ServiceNow).
- Obtain and provide status reports.
- Bring appropriate attention to blockers or issues.
- Help colleagues by reviewing deliverables, talking through problems, or making connections.
- Contribute to a creative, collaborative team.
**must have security space experience
- Have a bachelor's degree.
- Have experience in a hands-on technical, analytical, or management role.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of work streams simultaneously, and under deadline
- Have a high level of personal integrity and very good professional judgement.
- Be accustomed to handling confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity.
- Be intellectually curious.
- Connect and build trusted partnerships with both management and technical resources.
- Skillfully gather, organize, track, and summarize information about large and complex problems.
- Navigate a large organization to surface and engage stakeholders.
- Develop project plans and tailor management processes to suit particular situations.
- Create agendas, manage time, and take notes.
- You should:
- Be comfortable and conversant with analytical approaches to problem solving (e.g. identifying metrics and indicators, tracking benchmarks, comparing with base rates).
- Have a compelling in-person and telephone presence.
- Be a concise communicator.
- Be a good colleague.
- Be positive, patient, persistent, and resourceful in the face of technical and organizational challenges.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.