Our client, a global luxury eCommerce company is looking for a Director of Platform Engineering who is excited about shaping the company's technology roadmap and implementing solutions to improve the services they offer to customers. You'll partner with the Product team and other business units to select and implement suitable technology that aligns with the overall systems architecture and data strategy. You'll build an engineering team & culture that delivers excellent outcomes. You'll influence key decisions that will build the foundation for their technical products, which will have a lasting impact.
The ideal candidate is someone that has experience with building practical and forward-looking software applications, understands architectural trade-offs, thinks strategically when facing buy vs. build decisions, and excels within a small, agile team.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $170,000 - 190,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to a cross functional systems engineering team
- Lead projects to maintain or replace infrastructure, hardware, or software
- Lead transformational efforts: service delivery, customer experience, or continuous improvement efforts
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, security and support of all systems and tools
- Provide team and management meetings for delivering information and opportunity for engineers to provide feedback
- Assist with making vendor selections and developing schedules and budgets
- Ensure engineers are empowered to make decisions (avoid micro management)
- Deploy, manage, and maintain applications and systems deployed to AWS and Google Cloud
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
- Experience managing or leading a technical team
- Experience in eCommerce
- Understands all aspects of the software development process
- Knowledge of software design practices including architecture, client / server programming and software design patterns
- Communication and collaboration skills to participate & shape the architecture, high level and detailed designs of the systems
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a team player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.