Our Client is seeking a Senior Security Engineer
for an exciting project in their Alpharetta office. This individual will actively contribute to the implementation, operations and support of enterprise security solutions in a global multi data center environment.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain operational guidelines and processes to directly support security architecture and design.
- Support existing security solutions and partner with the security engineering team for the implementation and integration of
- any new enhancements made to existing security solutions in support of improving overall enterprise security.
- Ensure security tools and solutions hardware/software/devices are operating effectively and updated in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain operating guidelines and procedures in support of policies, standards and guidelines.
- Determine appropriate levels of security configuration, controls and monitoring.
- Support the maintenance and deployment of new security solutions in multiple data centers.
- Support incident management processes and security monitoring alerts in preventing internal / external hackers from compromising data and assets.
- Understand the latest threat techniques and support appropriate countermeasures, configurations and awareness.
- Support remote access and multi-factor technologies to internal/external users.
- Overall central management of web filtering and internet proxy servers.
- Work with peers and internal/external customers to support the enterprise approach to security.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise networks.
- Perform ticket queue monitoring, resolution and prioritization, maintain diagrams and documentation as appropriate and support firewall rule set reviews, auditing and maintenance activities
- 4+ years relevant technical experience preferred. Need excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- At least 2-4 years' experience working in a progressive information security operations or engineering group.
- 2+ years' experience in a large complex Checkpoint environment (complex financial environment preferred)
- 1 year at least***,Palo alto. hands on proficiency installed firewall rules, added interfaces, policy installs. security engineer understand network flow, cisco , cisco routers, switches, understand network flow and process, CiSS-p . security score cards, are the systems secure, having those certifications, vulnerability management.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Risk Management OR High School or Diploma with 5+ years relevant work experience.
skills: Job Skills:
- Proven hands-on experience with firewalls and knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection,
- DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, MPLS/VPN, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and DNS
- Crossbeam experience
- Cisco ASA experience / Juniper Firewall experience
- Palo Alto experience
- Imperva DBF or WAF exposure
- Arcsight Exposure
- Tripwire Experience
- Splunk Experience
- Network routing, switching, packet analysis
- PCI DSS compliance knowledge
- Prior experience with network security & related applications, tools and solutions
- Deep understanding of network routing and switching architecture, design and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environments
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization and business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
- Needs strong ability to multi-task and work effectively in a distributed and matrix oriented environment
- Travel Required:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.