Sr. Systems Engineer
A client of ours in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer for a permanent opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks with recommendations, design and implement VMware server environments.
- Plan and execute Infrastructure upgrades and migration projects with existing hardware and/or software. Proactively anticipate, prevent and eliminate data center problems and risks by identifying and creating efficient fixes for any security risks, patches/vulnerabilities, etc.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Work closely with a collaborative team, other IT staff, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Perform root cause analysis on complex issues in client environments to identify root causes and identify resolution plans.
- Review system implementation and performance as to implement system enhancements if needed. Develop standardized deployment documentation where necessary to document build standards. Must be able to mentor and teach other members of ITS as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university OR five years related experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree.
- 7 or more years of IT experience.
- Extensive Active Directory and Virtualization Design skills.
- experience with VMWare ESXi 6 or greater.
- experience working with Windows 2003-2018, VMware, Citrix, SBS Server, various backup technologies (Rubrik).
- experience of Networking including TCP/IP, Switching, VLAN's Routing and wireless
- Possess strong organizational, customer service, and troubleshooting skills.
- Have strong documentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Server 2003 and above, Clustering technologies, Active Directory design, Server Virtualization (VMware) File Virtualization, SAN design, High Availability, SCCM, SCOM.
- Must maintain knowledge of and perform according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies.
- High energy, drive, motivated to learn and make an impact
- documentation skills
- Wants to work on converting legacy systems to cutting edge technology
- Can do attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.