job summary: Job Description
Client is seeking a bring a bright engineer mind to support and monitor the heart of our growing business. Seriously. Our Guests swing golf clubs, eat, drink, and generally have awesome times, but it all revolves around technology. You get to operate at the center of it all!
The purpose of the Sr. Infrastructure Engineer role is to perform as the 3 rd level of Infrastructure support, to set Infrastructure monitoring direction, perform root cause analysis on Priority 1 outages, and mentor junior Infrastructure engineers to avoid future escalations. Your goal is to the prevent the outages before they appear.
This role is assigned moderate to high complexity and functions as a function expert. This position is part of the top tier of the you-centric Career Map (It's all about growth!) and there are still opportunities to move upwards with regards to scope and influence.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for tier 3 escalations
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of Priority 1 system outages and determine solutions to prevent future outages.
- Support engineering efforts to design and deploy core infrastructure including Virtualization, Servers, Storage, and Networking.
- Promote system reliability and efficiency by implementing improved monitoring and detection of faults and performance degradation throughout all environments.
- Assist during maintenance window activities.
- Create custom scripts to increase system efficiency.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system availability
- Assist in the identification, diagnosis, and resolution of technology security related issues.
- Drive incident resolution and process improvements to minimize impact to production environment.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
skills: Required Skills
- Design and implement monitoring infrastructure to support operations
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Cisco Network hardware and configuration
- Cisco Wi-Fi hardware and configuration
- Experience working with IP4 networks
- Active Directory and/or Office365 Administration
- VMWare Technologies
- Dell Server Hardware
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Create documentation
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Analytical thinking
- Accustomed to working within the ITIL/ISM framework of Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Vendor management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.