This Java developer will be a member of a team that is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of web-based applications. They are responsible for many duties throughout the development life-cycle of applications, from concept and design right through to testing.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Collaborate with all team members to meet project timelines.
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Collaborate closely with team, analyzing problems, recommending solutions and delivering technology results
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries and Java components
- Experience with Java, OOP, functional programming, and design patterns.
- Experience with building Spring based RESTful web services using Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Spring Data.
- Experience with one or more ORM technologies (like Hibernate, JPA, or similar)
- Experience in building and enhancing highly-available applications leveraging Angular UI and RESTful services
- Experience with JUnit & Mockito unit testing frameworks
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, antifactory, etc.
- Good understanding of Oracle database concepts and SQL
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Cloud/Container experience (Azure, AWS, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with Angular UI.
- Minimum 3+ years with Java/J2EE
- Proficient in MS Office, Visio or other workflow tools
- Must be able to commute to office daily (this is not a telecommuting position)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.