Sr. Software Developer (API)
Under supervision, provide technical leadership, and responsible for the development of a data integration platform that enables on premise, remote, and cloud applications to seamlessly exchange data. Duties include evaluating existing solutions, proposing and implementing improvements, documenting integration maps, implementing monitoring, defining recovery mechanisms and reporting. Responsibilities also include engineering of the organization's enterprise applications. Includes the implementation and testing of software. May direct a junior level software engineers. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,200 - 127,500 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Technical leadership and strong development skills.
- Develop and maintain a data integration strategy for the organization, highlighting risk and opportunity areas and associating them with business impact.
- Propose options to improve reliability, scalability and recoverability of the data integration solution(s).
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing Mule components (Mule ESB, Anypoint Studio, ETLs, flows, MEL, message modelling, Routing, Filtering, Database, Exception Handling, API Management)
- Develop and maintain metrics and scorecards to measure effectiveness of solutions, capacity utilization and indicate areas that need attention.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand data integration requirements and advise best practices or mechanisms.
- Own the MuleSoft Anypoint platform (API, EAI, B2B projects) to ensure that it meets current business needs, and plan for future growth.
- Perform design and code reviews, establish and enforce coding best practices, and develop integration design documents, guide the functional and testing teams.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Implement effective IT solutions to meet business needs
- Perform as technical know-how in TCP/IP, Security (Basic Auth, OAuth 1.0 and OAuth 2.0, SSL/TLS)
- CI/CD Design and Implementation
- May act as technical lead for specific projects, conduct research and analysis and provide recommendations and guidance to project managers and team members
- Develop successful software solutions including responsibility for analysis, design, development, testing and deployment tasks while following IT development standards and practices
- Collaborate effectively with IT and non-IT staff to analyze, understand and document system requirements
- Participate in UI/UX and internal design specifications
- Create deliverables that are consistent with defined architectural principles, standards, methodologies and best practices
- Guide less senior team members with development activities and also help review estimates for tasks and/or projects
- Provide excellent second tier customer support and troubleshoot developed solutions
- Meet commitments and deadlines while engaging in Agile SDLC processes
- Work independently to meet the needs of the organization and perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and experience producing detailed, well-written and understandable technical and business documentation
- Knowledge and experience producing successful approaches and solutions to complex problems including innovating new approaches when necessary
- Knowledge with Microsoft .Net and SQL Server software development tools and technologies
- Knowledge and experience building business/enterprise applications with a proven record of developing quality software
- Knowledge and understanding of API-led connectivity and its benefits
- Knowledge and experience implementing REST web services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Knowledge and experience with unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of design patterns and practices
- Knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of API Management on Mulesoft platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with MuleSoft development and design best practices, Mulesoft Integrations, and ESB message
- Knowledge of Integration techniques, like aggregation, transformation, dynamic routing, content-based routing, scattergather,etc., using Mule ESB.
- Knowledge and experience with setting up Mulesoft platform.
- Knowledge and experience in scalable Mule flows, and error handling etc.
- Knowledge and experience using Mule MUnit and JMeter to test regular mule flow
skills: - Project management and execution skills
- Communication skills (listen, speak, write)
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Forward-looking system and business analysis skills
- Hardware and software integration skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Persuasive and influencing skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Conflict management skills
- Time management skills
- Proficient in English language
- Ability to apply technical and functional expertise
- Ability to produce detailed, well-written and understandable technical and business documentation
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to analyze issues
- Ability to multi-task and manage rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to effectively use and manage technology
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams/groups
- Ability to teach and coach less-experienced staff members effectively
- Ability to work and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive /private information
- Ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively (both orally and in writing)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships
- Ability to set goals and determine how to accomplish defined results
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.