DB2 UDB Database Administrator
Database Operations seeking well experienced DB2 UDB Database Administrator who is responsible for database administration in a fast-paced operations environment supporting 24x7 business critical applications using analytical and transactional databases primarily on DB2 LUW with DPF and secondary level on Oracle databases. Database Administrator will be able to perform troubleshooting any database issues, performance analysis, ensuring database security, evaluating new database trends and technologies, developing and testing Unix shell scripts, PERL scripting and coding required for database administration and associated database tools.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide DBA support on all aspects of databases administration including backup/recovery, replication, deployment and real time production troubleshooting responsibilities on DB2 UDB databases with DPF.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain database in production and non-production environments
- Provide 24x7 on call DBA support for production environment on rotation and need basis
- Provide Database deployment support for Test and Production environments
- Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques
- Interact with Storage and Systems administrators on Linix/Unix/VM operating systems issues related to Database
More than 7 years of experience in Database administration
- Solid understanding of Database technology - DB2 UDB Distributed databases including DPF.
- Extensive Database performance tuning experience
- Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best practices for a large database environment
- Good understanding of Linux/VM platform
- Deep understanding of HA, DR Database and storage technologies like Data replication, SRDF/non-SRDF
- Experience implementing, supporting and auditing database security
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS platform and Unix Shell/Perl scripting and automation
skills: - Able to write database maintenance and automation scripts
- Configure and maintain Database High availability
- Support data guard replication
- Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues
- Implement DR solutions
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
Experience supporting Oracle databases platform under Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with Big Data, NoSQL database technologies such as Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, CouchBase, Matrix, etc.
- Experience with Database monitoring tools such as Foglight and Scheduling tools such as Autosys.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in virtual environment using VMware
- Database performance tuning skills
- Database vendor certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.