QA tester for Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Financials systems.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Prepare and documents test plans
- Provide high level estimates on QA efforts based on work effort scope
- Participate in business requirement and functional specification development and reviews
- Convert business requirements to test scenarios, test cases and logical test sets
- Execute test plans and test cases; analyze and present test results
- Capture and report testing status, metrics and progress against the project plan
- Leverage the relevant aids and tools available from a quality control and quality assurance perspective
- Analyze, review, and modify test plans to ensure quality control guidelines are met
- Help to ensure that changes do not adversely affect other areas of a given application or system, or related interfacing applications and systems
- Keep abreast of current and emerging information technology especially regarding quality assurance
- Understands business requirements and how quality control solutions impact the business
- Ability to support multiple small to medium efforts simultaneously
- Communication: Communicates with internal customers in non-technical terms. Communicates with applications, architecture and operations teams on issues that are encountered in testing and possible resolutions.
- Developing Others: Trains and mentors new and/or less experienced team members in quality related areas
- Teamwork: Works closely with offshore QA team and assists in resolving issues they may encounter while performing testing activities
- Work Quality: Reviews test plans and test cases to ensure adherence to specifications, quality, and procedural standards
- Pays attention to relevant details
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Works under minimal supervision, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- Leads small to medium projects; participates in projects of all sizes
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or bachelor's degree with relevant work experience.
Years of Experience
A minimum of 3 years' experience in a quality assurance role.
- Solid knowledge of relevant information technologies and how to incorporate quality in solution deployment
- Experience with full life cycle software deployment in both Agile and Waterfall
- Solid experience developing and reviewing requirements and specifications for testability and decomposing requirements into test cases
- Experience creating and executing test plans/strategies and test cases
- Experience reviewing test cases for adherence to standards and for completeness
- Experience estimating number of required test cases and required effort
- Understanding of current software testing and/or software quality best practices
- Experience with testing methodologies and approaches
- Experience working with relevant QA tools
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
skills: Preferred Skills
- CSTE or equivalent certification
- Experience working collaboratively with third party Quality Control resources, preferably offshore.
- Experience developing and implementing QA processes
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.