Senior UC and Collaboration Engineer
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a candidate that assess and deliver the standards, tools, processes, monitoring, compliance and reporting to support our efforts in Real-Time Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration and Audio-Visual technologies. This position requires the candidate to have deep technical grounding of infrastructure platform components to allow the integration and development of support processes and procedures around evolving and emerging technologies and vendors.
This position works closely with engineering peers in various disciplines including Voice, Video, Mobility and VNOCC. The individual is expected to work with a level of independence & drive topics, syndication and communicate vision on complex topics to all levels. The role also includes providing some level of video conferencing and meeting support using Cisco conference rooms and infrastructure components.
location: Culver City, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Configure, troubleshooting and support of complex UC deployment. Identify technology gaps, recommend architecture/product changes to ensure platform performance.
- Ensure maintaining of high availability and stability of all Collaboration and Voice/Video Infrastructure technologies supported
- Serves as subject matter expert within the Cisco Unified Communications environment including voice, video, IM, CUBEs and Gateways
- Perform infrastructure system management, consulting, design and integration functions across multiple Unified Communications and Collaboration products
- Conducts and leads complex root cause analysis to correct systems, applications, software and hardware that are not compliant with design documents
- Work closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects
- Works closely with associated technology groups to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes
- Manage AV vendors and support teams across offices using well defined SLAs
- Develop routine maintenance and patching schedules to keep UC systems at highest uptime.
- Provide Engineering and Service desk staff with technical support and roadmaps of the UC systems.
- Design/Build - Create equipment list based on functional needs for new conference rooms builds.
- Work with Service desk and Engineering to verify system functionality and certification.
- Create standards and roadmaps around Unified Communication integration with the focus on ease of use for end-users and high availability.
- Ability to create Architectural plans for Audio visual systems and modify drawings to incorporate AV systems, document existing architecture and systems.
- Support the UC Cisco upgrade initiatives and help with implementation tasks.
- Support and maintain the Cisco UC platform (AV, phones, Webex, collaboration)
BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work
skills: - Cisco Unified Communication experience which include but not limited to: Call Manager, Unit, IM&P, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco CUBES and Gateways, TMS, VCS, Virtual Meetings Servers, Calabrio, UCCX and Prime Collaborations Suite
- Minimum 7 years working experience with UC systems is required at the engineer and design level
- Architect level experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining UC equipment
- 5 + years Cisco AV and telecom knowledge required
- Experience with Cisco WebEx
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
Qualifications Education BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.