Working as part of the Global IT Service Management team, the Service Desk Manager's role is to ensure IT service excellence is delivered to the Foundation. The Service Desk Manager is expected to be an advocate and involved in all aspects of Service Support and Service Delivery with adoption of the Agile framework. The ideal candidate is able to demonstrate strong process adherence, a commitment to continuous improvement and have the ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations. A focus on delivering excellent end user experience and support is critical.
This role leads our service and helpdesk support function. They manage and lead 3 onsite support staff, and a 24/7 remote service desk function. As this role has responsibility for 24/7 support operations, some non-standard working hours should be expected on occasion. The candidate would be expected to identify, highlight and manage risk resolution and mitigation activities as appropriate. This individual is required to create and present key service metrics and other relevant details in order to best articulate the current status of the service functions.
In order to achieve service excellence and be successful within the role, the individual is able to manage and work in close collaboration with several third-party vendors. This will require the individual to ensure consistent processes across vendors, enforce service level agreements, and undertake service escalations as appropriate.
As part of the Information Technology Leadership team, the Service Desk Manager is expected to support other members of the team. The ideal candidate must be user experience focused and find opportunities to provide an outstanding customer experience.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Ensure that the service delivery and customer satisfaction exceed published service levels agreements
- Define and design service operations in support of service strategy (e.g., service design, transition, and operations, monitoring, and systems management)
- Evaluate, monitor, and align successful operational performance against KPIs and business goals
- Work with CIO and senior leaders to understand business needs and integrate those into an service delivery approach.
- Develop and employ Change Management processes that allow for the proactive surfacing of unplanned mission critical issues that impact the service levels of all service offerings
- Establish and maintain service level agreements for all service offerings
- Leverage emerging technologies, processes, and disciplines to deliver best class methods
- Effectively manage a device agnostics environment (i.e. Windows. OSX, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Ensure all operational activities comply with enterprise, industry and government standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Seven to 10 years of relevant experience in service desk, operations management, and/or end user support, preferably in a geographically distributed organization.
- Experience with a global organization is preferred
- Five plus years leading a service desk and/or managing operations
- Three plus years of vendor management experience.
- Three years managing and deploying Microsoft Office365 technologies and applications
- Familiarity with industry-related products and services offerings including Windows, OSX, Virtual Desktops, Office365, Dropbox, VoIP, AV/Video Conferencing, and collaboration technologies
- Proven track record in managing service providers against a contractually-defined set of service deliverables and SLAs
- Experience developing service desk operations to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction
- Effectively working with project teams to successfully deliver new services
- Experience implementing and optimizing operational processes to ensure continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to report operational performance based on key performance indicators
- Demonstrated leadership ability to make sound decisions and judgments
- Strong business acumen and customer-service orientation
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and Service Management methodologies
- Strong partner/vendor management skills
- Able to assess where technical solutions fit in current and future processes
- Able to quickly adapt to challenging dynamic environments
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on active listening, tactfully navigating difficult situations, and demonstrating patience and good faith with end users
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a proactive approach to tasks
- Able to define and accurately articulate requirements for equipment purchase
- Able to operate in a logical manner under pressure, enabling consistent delivery to demanding deadlines
- Able to deal credibly and confidentially with business and technical users at all levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.