Write, modify, and debug software for client applications. Use source debuggers and visual development environments. Test and document software for client applications. Write code to create single-threaded, multi-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services. 5 years of experience are required.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience working on search ranking and machine learning.
- Well versed in areas such as applied statistics, machine learning, and data mining. Working with large datasets to build models that support business goals.
- Build complex statistical models that predict behavior and improve over time with additional data and learnings.
- Proficient with distributed systems like Hadoop and SPARK. You're not necessarily an expert, but you have experience processing large datasets in such frameworks.
- Previous experience in building models in languages such as R, Python etc.
- Excellent capabilities with the basic analysis tools of SQL and Excel.
- Identify insights in Customer data and use quantitative analysis to answer complex questions.
- Be a self-starter and create data-backed recommendations for where there are flaws or gaps.
Be directly responsible for improving search recall and ranking via query understanding and machine learned ranking models that power the end-end search experience
- Conceptualize, code, deploy, and iterate on designs from prototypes all the way through to production systems.
- Transform data insights into actionable reports, targeting algorithms, and model features.
- Provide technical leadership in statistical analysis, data mining, machine learning, and information retrieval.
- Work jointly with architecture, engineering, quality engineering, and operations teams to deliver complex applications.
skills: Hive QL experience is a plus
- Additional role, initiative and group information:
We are on the Customer Quality Engineering team and are looking for an experienced individual to develop analytical models using telemetry data from our products to sense potential risks and identify proactive mitigations to improve our customer's experience with our products.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.