Customer Support Engineer
Use debugging tools, simulations, and scripts to isolate and fix problems. Guide and assist with installations and technical training, including documentation. Directly troubleshoot and solve technical issues with customers. Document customer needs, problems, interventions and interactions, informing clients as changes occur. 3 years of experience are required.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Provide customer-focused day-to-day administration of an Internet of Things (IoT) Customer Experience (CX) / Development lab consisting of server, networking and COTS hardware. Become familiar with the Cisco Kinetic IoT solution, with the intention of progressing to external customer/field-facing roles supporting Cisco Kinetic CX engagements.
- Minimum Requirements: ("Must have" Qualifications)
1. Cisco Certified Network Assoicate (CCNA) certification, or equivalent skills (based on review/interview).
2. Hands-on experience racking/stacking/cabling equipment.
3. Experience with server hardware, operating systems (Linux/Windows), virtualized environments (VMWare)
4. Ability to effectively communicate with internal/external customers.
5. High attention to detail, understands the importance of creating & maintaining documentation, able to effectively grasp intent & execute tasks with little supervision
skills: - Desired Skills/Qualifications/System Experience requirements: ("Nice to have Qualifications")
1. Programming experience (C/C++, Python), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification or higher, VMWare Certified Professional (VCP).
2. Familiar with UCS fabric configuration and maintenance.
3. Familiar UCS C-Series hardware operations & maintenance, including remote management using CIMC and UCSM.
4. Familiarity with small single-board microcontrollers and computes such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi, basic electrical/electronic knowledge, basic soldering skills, familiar with using small electronics hand tools, test equipment such as multimeters, etc.
Drexel, NC State, RIT, Northeastern
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.