We are seeking a highly technical developer/architect to join our growing software
development team in building out a modern data platform on Microsoft Azure platform.
This is a unique opportunity to assist in building a modern data warehouse/pipeline to
support firm's critical business processes. Candidate must have strong hands-on
technical expertise in modern data architectures - cloud, messaging, data warehousing, etc. Must have financial services domain knowledge and experience in continuous integration practices and background in leading strong software development teams. Candidates must be able to translate business requirements into technical architectures, data models and designs. Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues.
location: Culver City, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing data warehouse architecture/data pipeline to support
firm's workflows & reporting requirements.
- Responsible for selecting the technology stack, and working with development
teams to implement an efficient data warehouse/data pipeline.
- Assist in adoption of data architecture across technology platforms,
- Hands-on development of critical data pipeline/warehouse components to support
front-office, middle-office and integrations areas
- Responsible for effective communication and interaction with project teams
- Liaison to the Application Architecture team and PMO teams to ensure guidelines
and process across all technology initiatives are aligned properly
- Mentoring junior developers, cross training on-shore/off-shore resources in
building a culture of excellence in software development
BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work
skills: Skills & Abilities
- 7 - 10 year's cumulative experience designing and developing enterprise data
architecture technologies and a successful track record in implementing such
- Most recent work experience must include work on Microsoft Azure data platforms
including Data Lakes, Data Factory, any data analytics platforms - Databricks,
- Must have hands on experience in modern data architectures, patterns and
technology stacks - cloud data platforms (AWS/Azure/Google), messaging
(Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Enterprise Bus, etc.), datawarehouse design technologies
- Strong understanding of software development practices and patterns
- Strong hands-on knowledge of continuous integration technologies, scripting, and
- Strong understanding and experience of messaging frameworks
- Detail oriented, focus on improving code metrics an with strong analytical and
organizational skills to effectively work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prefer exposure to one or more of the following business platforms related to
investment management - Trading and Settlements Platforms (example - Black
Mountain Systems - Everest), Portfolio Accounting (examples - Advent - Geneva,
Markit - Wall Street Office), Risk Management systems or performance reporting
systems (Eagle - PACE, data warehouse)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.